“Nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” Benjamin Franklin 1789
Estate planning refers to the property, money and possessions owned by an individual; all of which are subject to Inheritance Tax (IHT) when the owner passes.
It’s important to manage these assets to ensure families don’t pay more than is necessary to IHT. Often, IHT will be on wealth that has already been taxed, which is why it’s important to plan ahead and make arrangements to increase your chance of taking full advantage of any tax opportunities available.
Tax efficient estate planning
Our experts will help you to plan ahead and take full advantage of any tax opportunities – reliefs and exemptions in the legislation – available to enable you to pass down your legacy to the next generation in a tax efficient manner.
Part of the process is to also analyse the tax options available to make adequate provision for you and your spouse after retirement. Striking this balance calls for considerable skill and foresight along with a detailed knowledge of all the elements of the tax regime.
Professional estate planning support can include:
- Existing will reviews
- Calculating your IHT exposure and demonstrating what can be done to mitigate the liability using reliefs and exemptions available
- Optimising lifetime transfers between spouses and the second generation whilst ensuring sufficient retirement income
- Transferring agricultural or business property and advice
- Arranging adequate life insurance to cover potential IHT liabilities
- Transferring assets into trusts
Estate planning advice and management is confidential and we will always act on the best interests of you and your family.
Require help to organise an estate plan?
Building relationships, driving success.