18 Dec Payment Deferral Or Deregister From Money Laundering Supervision Due To Coronavirus (Covid-19)
If you were due to renew money laundering supervision with HMRC between 1 May and 30 September 2020 you were able to either:
- defer payment for up to 6 months
- deregister if you stopped trading due to coronavirus
If you continued to operate and carry out activity covered by the Money Laundering Regulations (MLR), you needed to:
- stay registered with HMRC
- meet your obligations under the MLR, to protect your businesses and the UK from criminal activity
Payment deferral or deregister
If you chose to defer you did not need to tell HMRC if you decided to defer payment.
HMRC will contact you by email to remind you about your new payment due date.
If you chose to deregister
You did not need to be supervised, if you:
- temporarily closed your business due to coronavirus
- stopped all MLR activity
See here for details.