Importers and exporters will need to complete customs declarations next year, regardless of whether the UK agrees a free trade deal with the EU.
To complete declarations you will need to:
- Have a GB Economic Operator Registration and Identification number (EORI number)
- Decide if you will use a customs intermediary
If you choose to complete the Customs declarations yourself you will need to:
- Have access to the relevant IT systems to complete declarations
- Know the customs value and commodity code for goods traded
- Consider simplifications and facilitations such as customs freight simplified procedures (CFSPs), warehousing, inward processing, and transit